P344 IWG 1: Registration processes
This industry working group is developing the processes and the associated Code Subsidiary Documents (CSDs) changes required to implement two requirements of the P344 ‘Project TERRE’ solution. These requirements are:
- Independent Aggregators/customers shall be able to register as a BSC Party under a new ‘Virtual Lead Party’ participation capacity
- BSC Parties with the ‘Virtual Lead Party’ Party participation capacity shall be able to register ‘Secondary BM Units’
The first working group is scheduled for 17 July 2018.
- CRA Service Description
- ECVAA Service Description
- FAA Service Description
- SAA Service Description
- CRA User Requirements Specification
- ECVAA User Requirements Specification
- FAA User Requirements Specification
- SAA User Requirements Specification
- Simple Guides
- Guidance Notes
Background to P344 ‘Project TERRE’
P344 ‘Project TERRE’ seeks to align the Balancing and Settlement Code with the European Balancing Project TERRE (Trans European Replacement Reserves Exchange) requirements. This will allow the implementation of the TERRE balancing product at national level and ensure compliance with the European Electricity Balancing Guideline (EBGL).
The BSC Panel has recommended to the Authority (at its 14 June 2018 meeting) that it approve the P344 Alternative Modification (mandatory sharing of Half Hourly (HH) delivered volumes with the customer’s Supplier) and reject the Proposed Modification (customer consent required for sharing HH delivered volumes with the customer’s Supplier).
The Authority is expected to make a decision by 31 July 2018. If approved the Modification will be implemented on 28 February 2019 (February 2019 BSC Release).
ELEXON’s technical solutions
- Foundation programme
This IWG is part of a collection of groups that will focus on the implementation of Project TERRE and its impact on the UK electricity industry.
- IWG 1: Registration processes
- IWG 2: Allocation of SVA MSID to SBMUs
- IWG 3: Half hourly data aggregator processes
- IWG 4: Virtual lead party processes
- IWG 5: Performance Assurance Framework